Getting There - 1

Bud, Josh and I went to visit Warren recently and I used my GPS system. Not that I needed it because Warren gave good directions, but because those little devices fascinate me and I like to see how accurate it is. I call mine Gladys because her voice sounds like someone who is glad to give directions. She deviated slightly from Warren's directions--Gladys wanted to be more direct and we would have traveled a long gravel road straight through the county versus going through town and staying on paved roads the way Warren suggested. Gladys quickly redefined the route and she and Warren were on the same path, so to speak.

Gladys's screen shows all the roads you pass and those nearby along with whatever I choose to include such as stores, gas stations, points of interest, etc. The farther from town we drove, the blanker Gladys became--no more icons of stopping places, fewer lines of roads. We made the final turn onto a gravel road and followed it straight to Warren's house at the end. It was indeed the end. Gladys announced we reached our destination and the last white line of road disappeared as we rolled down Warren's driveway and her little screen was nothing but green.

1 comment: