Weidinger's

I read L's post about St. Patty's Day and the picture of Mom in Weidinger's with the soldier. The soldier is Leo Theisman, owner of Florissant Auto Paint. In that store is where the original picture hung for decades.

The mystery is who took the picture. Dad is the suspected photographer since he's not in the picture. Dad liked to take pictures. But it made me wonder the circumstance of the photo.

Maybe Leo had a thing for Mom. Maybe they were drinking buddies. I can imagine Mom being a fun drunk. Maybe Leo wanted a pretty woman in the picture of a favorite place to hang out, one that he could look at while off to war--happy memories with fun people.

Where was everybody else? Was it the beginning of the night, or the end? I think Leo is dead, but I wonder if his kids would know anything about it? In all likelihood, probably the same as us--there's dad in the picture, but I don't know who the woman is.

Every picture tells a story, but this one is keeping its stories a secret.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I spelled Weidenger with an enger rather than an inger - which way is correct? You'd think for as many times that we frequented the place, I'd know how to spell it, but I don't. Also, you should have posted this on my blog - I know you did some. But I never knew Dad liked to take pictures? Geez, I'm wondering if I was in the same family. I don't seem to remember the same things.

    ReplyDelete